The Windsond software has matured a lot over the winter. For example, the software can now generate a range of different file formats for the weather data. The settings dialog of this is pictured below. All generated files can be viewed within the application, even while the sounding is still progressing.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the major changes:
- Better curve smoothing algorithm that preserves air layer transitions
- Altitude axes start at the current ground altitude
- Support generating nine different weather data formats
- Select generated data formats in the Settings dialog and inspect the result in the Report panel.
- Dewpoint and lapse rate are plotted
- Plot history of sensor readings and GPS/pressure altitude
- Winds are reported starting at 10m height
- Bugfix in improving cut-down altitude accuracy when using the default cut-down altitude
- Name of launch site can be entered by hand or selected in list
The software update is available without charge to all customers.